Next week I will be jetting away to Madeira, a Portuguese island off the coast of West Africa, where the weather will be beautiful and the views out of this world.
I cannot wait!
Last week I flew back to the U.K. from Australia and it hasn’t stopped raining! Give me sunshine!
I can’t wait to explore this beautiful island, see waterfalls, go paddle boarding and spend hours lounging by the pool reading endless books.
Its time to start packing which always gets me in the holiday mood especially trying on endless holiday outfits and bikinis!
So here are my 10 Summer Holiday Essentials that I’ll be packing to ensure the perfect trip is had!
- Bondi Sands Fake Tan . Skin cancer is scary people and don’t get me started on the wrinkles! Fake is always better and this tan is the perfect shade and so easy to apply.
- Charlotte Tilbury Light Wonder Foundation. A light foundation/tinted moisturiser is a summer essential and the Light Wonder Foundation by Charlotte Tilbury is a dream. It has perfect coverage and doesn’t feel heavy at all. I love it so much I have 3 shades for different seasons/tan levels!
- A big floppy hat. Stylish and perfect for keeping cool and the sun out of your eyes.
- Birkenstocks. The classic ugly shoe that is perfect for hours of exploring and without the sore feet.
- Books books books! I am an avid reader and cannot wait to get stuck into Tigers in Red Weather by Liza Klaussmann and The Girlfriend by Michelle Francis
- Urban Decay make up setting spray. Legit this stuff keeps my face in place even in humidity. Without it my face will vanish within the hour.
- Oh Lola! Perfume. A summer fragrance is a must and my choice this year is Marc Jacobs Oh Lola!
- The perfect sun dress. Or six! Easy, breezy and perfect for showing off that holiday (fake) tan.
- An oversized denim shirt. A weird choice but hear me out! an oversized shirt is the perfect cover up for around the pool and looks effortlessly chic thrown over a sundress when the sun goes down.
- A Selfie Case. Essential for taking those perfectly lit holiday pics but also nice and chunky so protect your phone when you accidentally drop it after one too many cocktails!
What are you holiday essentials? Let me know in the comments below!
A while back I wrote a post on 5 Essentials on Surviving the Heat, where I cover everything from hats to chaffing cream. Be sure to check it out!