Ahhhh Melbourne – the world’s most liveable city, Australia’s capital of culture, the only place where you can experience all four seasons in a single day – this is my happy place!
There is so much to see and do in Melbourne, it can be so easy to miss something special, so, here are my 20 must see and do things in Melbourne this summer!
- The Australian Open is hosted in Melbourne over the last two weeks of January. Ground passes start from only $30 and the ground is minutes away from the city, easily reachable by train or on foot.
- Roller blade along the Esplanade at St Kilda Beach.
- Take to the rooftops and enjoy a beautiful sunset at bars like Naked for Satan on Brunswick Street
- Take a stroll through Melbourne’s world famous laneways like Degraves Street and Centre place and try the best coffee in the world!
- People watch at Federation Square – you never know who you’ll see.
- Find hidden treasures in the vintage stores that line the streets in Fitzroy.
- Catch one of the latest releases or an old classic at the Moonlight Cinema in the Botanic Gardens.
- Try and eat as many dumplings as possible in China Town on Lt Bourke Street.
- Visit the Wednesday night markets at the Victoria Markets where you can pick up a bargain, try a new delicacy and catch some live music.
- See Melbourne from 297m above at the Eureka Tower.
- Take a stroll along the Yarra River – re-hydration at the many bars is recommended!
- Take an Insta-worthy snap of Melbourne’s famous graffiti dotted all around the city.
- Enjoy a picnic in the beautiful Botanic Gardens.
- Go for a wild ride at Luna Park in St Kilda.
- Escape the hustle and bustle of the city in the Yarra Valley on a wine tasting excursion.
- Cool down in the beautiful Melbourne Museum.
- Ride the historic City Circle tram around the CBD for a free history lesson.
- Head along the iconic Great Ocean Road, making stops at Torquay, Lorne and Apollo Bay, before seeing the beautiful Twelve Apostles.
- Indulge in as many free samples as possible at Gelato Messina before settling on the perfect combo.
- Shop till you drop at the Bourke Street Mall in the CBD.
If there’s anything I’ve missed out, let me know! I’m sure there will be many posts about this beautiful city in the coming months!